Licensing is always a hot topic when any new version of a product such as Unified Collaboration, especially when changing Licensing Management Server. However Licensing between UC 9.0 and 10 are much the same. The big jump is between Pre 9.0 releases to UC9.0+.
UC 10 Licensing is now managed from the Prime Licensing Manager Server (Prime LM). The Prime LM is much the same as the ELM in 9.0 and 9.1 with just a few interface differences. The licensing structure remains the same, no change in pricing for license types (CUWL or UCL). Cisco Prime LM is designed to simplify licensing procurement with Cisco and align Businesses to strategic Collaboration trends.
Cisco separates licensing into 3 Levels. UCL Enhanced / Plus , CUWL Standard and CUWL Professional.
UCL Enhanced and Enhanced Plus
• Supports Cisco’s entire portfolio of personal endpoints, such as 8900 series, 7900 series, Jabber CSF devices etc.
• Enhanced provides support for one Device
• Enhanced Plus provides support for two Devices. Example. Joe Citizen can operate two devices, his 8945 IP Phone and his Jabber Client on his iPad. Joe will only consume a single UCL Enhanced Plus License in this scenario.
New to UC 10
• UCL will include Firewall Traversal for IM&P, voice and Video within an organisation. This relates to the new Collaboration Edge solution for Remote and Mobile Workers.
• Cisco Prime Collaboration Standard.
• CUWL Standard provides for all the features included with the UCL Enhanced / Plus license level.
• CUWL Standard provide support for more than two devices. I believe 10 devices remains the maximum keeping in line with UC9.0 CUWL Standard Licensing parameters.
• CUWL Standard provides support for Cisco Unified Messaging. Ie User will be licensed for a Voice mailbox.
• This is the most comprehensive licensing level for the UC 10 solution.
• CUWL Professional provides for all the features of CUWL Standard and UCL Enhanced / Plus.
New in UC 10
• CUWL Professional includes ONE Named User license for Webex onPremise AND a 1yr subscription to the Webex Cloud Servicee
• CUWL Professional includes ONE Named User license for Personal Multiparty to host up to 4 party video conference.